ETS Drift Ute – Wastegate issues


My rundown on the Winton test day will follow this post but first I want to show you what went wrong.


It seems the valve (or piston) in the wastegate has picked up on the bore and seized, when I got home I had a chance to pull this apart and find the issue.


I have used these precision wastegates for a while now, I tore a diaphram in one a long time ago in my 180SX, I pulled this wastegate apart and used it for spares. The valve was in perfect condition and after inserting it worked a treat!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>