ETS Drift Ute – Hanging Out


I have some big plans for next Tuesday, it requires taking everything I need to assemble this to a complete car out of the garage and into a large space with a lot of cameras.


I originally planned to time-lapse it in the garage but I wanted to lay everything out and have some room to do a proper production of the re fit. I made this engine trolley to make life easier.


Im nervously waiting on the courier to drop my exhaust manifold and rocker cover off so all this can go ahead as planned, the engine trolley allows me to have the motor sit at the right hight so I can simply slide the engine and gearbox in, jack the chassis up 20mm and its all in. The straps are from the Simpson harnesses 5 point straps I wasn’t using. It will also come in handy in the future to take the motor out easily.


Because Ill need the air jacks on tuesday I sealed and screwed the fittings to the chassis so they can be ready for the fit up.


Rear Air Jacks all in and tight.


I also decided to fully assemble the front and rear frames, the intercooler, oil cooler, oil filter, lines and headlights are all in and tight.


The alloy ducting is all scrubbed with scotch brite pad to give it that brushed look.


I use a lot of heat shrink to protect things a little, its also good to hold twin lines together.


This afternoon I will complete some more work, this is by far the best part of the entire 2.5 years, that final fresh assembly.

  1. Can’t wait for the final buildup, been following this project for ages and it will be so sick when it’s finished! Your attention to detail drives me to working neater on my own project 🙂

    • Thanks for following


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>